This was our biggest Max Day in years! Congratulations to all the lifters and a huge thank you to the spotters, judges, loaders, and volunteers!
To start off, there was also a super fun neighborhood trick-or-treating event at the same time as Max Day! Sara and Lauren helped out as “candy witches” and Mira jumped in too when she wasn’t judging the lifts. We passed out a massive amount of candy to the kids and it was so much fun to see so many people out and about in the neighborhood. It was, by far, the most people we’ve seen out on Lombard St. ever since we moved into the neighborhood two years ago!
As for lifting, the order of events was:
- Bench Press 1RM
- Deadlift 1RM
- Chin ups / Flexed Arm Hang
- Kettlebell Snatch Test (5-min for max reps)
Here is a quick rundown of the results:
- Vickie x 57.5 kg
- Mike R. x 72.5 kg
- Andrew x 85 kg
- Kyle x 105 kg
- Ronnie x 190 kg (yes, 418 pounds!)
- Mike R. x 135 kg
- Mike D. x 160 kg
- Andrew x 170 kg
- Kyle x 185 kg – this was Kyle’s first deadlift over 400lbs!
CHIN UPS / FAH
- Sarah x 19-second flexed arm hang
- Mike D. x 7 reps
- Mike R. x 11 reps
- Tim x 8 reps
KETTLEBELL SNATCH TEST
- Sarah used 14kg and got 107 reps
- John used 16kg and got 105 reps
- Tim used 16kg and got 100 reps
- Mike used 24kg and got 106 reps
Again, congratulations to all on a fantastic day of lifting! Mark your calendar for our next Max Day on January 28, 2023!